Ahhhhhh, college - specifically James Madison University, the best 4 errrrrr, 5 years of my life.
I remember the day my parents dropped me off at my freshman dorm, waving goodbye while I stood in anticipation for what was about to come. While that was quite a while ago, there is a new crop of incoming students who are anxious and excited for the adventures they will encounter at college.
The first college experience many students will have is the mega shopping trip for everything they need before starting college. Things like extra long twin bed sheets, tweezers, and a few bags of coffee for those long nights of studying.
When you’re out and about, think about some of the products that are built with energy conservation in mind:
- A laptop (versus a desktop)
- Energy Star mini-fridges
- A road bike
- CFL bulbs for the study lamps (JMU will recycling your old CFL bulbs)
- Organic body wash
- Reusable coffee mugs
- The Big Event
- Recycling your drink bottles
- Ride the HDPT to campus and leave your car at home
- Participate in No Drive Day